It's Raininng. Oh, Noooooooeeeeeeesssss!!!!

    For me this rain seems like a blessing but for many of you, it's a nightmare.
I can remember the days when I didn't know how to fix a roof, when rain made it's way in my home, and I felt helpless. I completely understand your predicament. The pots and pans are out under your skylight, you've got the mop and bucket at the ready, and you're probably staring at a seam in your drywall, waiting to see if that dark patch gets bigger.


Nobody wants to think about what this means - having an estimator come over, getting paperwork that always has a dollar amount written on it that seems astronomical. I can offer you places to look on the Internet, bit chances are you've been there - just Google "how much will my roof cost?" and you'll find lots of different answers. The best answer would be: that depends. Is your roof in bad shape? Is it old, cracking, curling, or brittle? Are there missing shingles? Do you have discoloration? Have you looked at the decking (plywood or tongue & groove under the roof in the attic)? Is it wet? Can you see daylight? How bog is your roof? Can it stand another layer of shingle, or will the old roof or roofs have to come off?

I could go on and on, but the best idea would be to have an expert look at it and make recommendations.
So you call me, and I arrive in my truck, with my ladders, and I go right up there to access your roofing needs. You don't need to do a thing - in fact, you can sit down and watch TV until I'm done.
Afterward, I will knock, and if you wish, you can take a tour with me to see what's going on. I will point out any problems, and explain their solutions. In a few moments I will tally up your job and give you a free estimate. It's that simple.

For many of my clients it's a smaller job - something like replacing a small portion of the roof and flashing around a skylight, or chimney, or replacing some gutter and fascia, even replacing lost shingles. These jobs are easily affordable for most homeowners. Sometimes I may have the materials in my truck, and I may be able to perform the repair right way. In these cases, I will let you know.

For other clients, I may recommend  full roof replacement, starting from the plywood decking upwards. This would only be in the absolute worst cases - when a roof has been damaged by a hurricane (I am still getting Hurricane Sandy calls) to the client who might have a very, very old roof. In all cases I will offer you 5 free sheets of plywood, and I will usually price the job as fairly as I can considering the materials, time, and labor.

Sometimes I speak with clients who are facing the question of how to pay for their re-roofing. Many companies offer "free financing", "Zero-down financing" and "financing payments from 1 to 18 months".
While this may seem like a great deal, many of the companies that provide this free financing charge very high interest, or offer low interest, but if you fail to pay on time, the interest soars to default credit card interest rates, sometimes as high as 22%. A better way to go would be to check with your local credit unions. For $5 they can give you an account and offer you a very affordable home improvement loan at very, very low rates. Even if you pay late, you can usually work with them to settle a low interest rate. They are much more forgiving than the big financing companies.



In the end it's up to you if you wish to get more estimates. Generally speaking it's a good idea for larger projects. Look out for low and high estimates, ask questions: What brand of materials are you using? What guarantees come with that material, and what are your guarantees on you own labor? Since I use GAF Lifetime HD Architectural Shingles and GAF products like Deck Armour and Ice & Water Shield, my clients get a virtual lifetime guarantee with their projects. I think to use anything else (except for possibly the high end GAF lines) would be a dis-service to my clients. I only use the very best quality materials (that's where our name comes from!).

Finally, usually you can get repairs done same day or within a few days. I would shy away from companies that date your repairs weeks ahead unless you ordered very high-end custom shingles. Most jobs are completed within a day, don't require you to do anything besides moving your car, and are pain-free. Just sit back and watch, if you wish, and enjoy your leak-free roof for decades to come.

Call or email me for advice or a free estimate anytime!
855-626-9100
631-281-9100
Best Quality Roofing & Chimney
bestquality626@gmail.com




Comments

Popular Posts